General Design Considerations
Before you begin any bleacher project, you should consider what your ultimate bleacher site offers you in space and location.
Consider the following:
- What is your preferred seating capacity?
- What is your available length? Available depth?
- Are there any pre-installed obstacles to consider? Light poles, press boxes, dugouts, utility/out buildings, etc.?
Project Specific Things to Consider
As with any construction, you will need to determine how best to install your bleacher and bleacher amenities.
- Do you know your local and/or state building and fire codes?
- Have you planned to offer handicap seating and ramps?
- Have you included a commons or refreshment area?
- How about seating around the refreshment area?
- How will the public restrooms interact with the bleacher placement?
- How will you include handicap restrooms in the plan?
- How will you want the bleacher to anchor (required on most all bleachers)? Fixed concrete footings, concrete floating slab, portable sections?
- Who will install your bleacher system? Professional Installer, Booster Club, Local Contractor, Other